61994, Preston to Blaenau Ffestiniog, 21 August 2012.
61994 'The Great Marquess' became the first LNER built loco to traverse the Conwy Valley line when it hauled the second 'Welsh Mountaineer' of 2012 from Preston to Blaenau Ffestiniog. It is the only survivor of a class of six locos built for the West Highland line from Glasgow to Fort William and Mallaig. Built in 1937 and withdrawn in 1961 it is currently owned by John Cameron. The tour went as planned with the loco easily keeping to time.
Pont y Pant
Earl of Merioneth runs round the Ffestiniog Railway train.
The tender has been built up at the rear to hold additional coal supplies.
Passing Roman Bridge on the return journey.
Next page: Slate Waste traffic
Return to the index page